Pages

Friday, September 6, 2024

On This Day: The One Who Endures When Many Quit


“Then they will deliver you up to tribulation and put you to death, and you will be hated by all nations for my name's sake. And then many will fall away and betray one another and hate one another. And many false prophets will arise and lead many astray. And because lawlessness will be increased, the love of many will grow cold. But the one who endures to the end will be saved. And this gospel of the kingdom will be proclaimed throughout the whole world as a testimony to all nations, and then the end will come.” (Matthew 24:9-14)

 

   When I look at the things Jesus said would happen to the disciples, I find myself easily bringing to mind real-life stories of how I have experienced such things. I grew up with hatred for my faith in Christ. I have seen people fall away from Jesus. I have felt people’s betrayal, people who once loved me turning to hating me.

   I now have enough decades on me that I can say I have seen many false teachers coming into the church and leading many astray while those who teach the truth of God’s word seem to have the “few” Jesus said would come through the narrow gate. And I have had my share of grief in seeing how the horrible lawlessness both in and out of the church has caused people’s love for God and his people to grow cold while their love of the world and its pleasures has become strong.

   I was just telling someone yesterday about my first thoughts of God when I was seven, and attending a tiny community church in Sandspit BC where I couldn’t say how good the teaching was according to God’s word. I also shared how I have had to change my mind on many beliefs over the years, not about the Bible, but about things I was taught as if they were what the Bible says when they weren’t.

   Today I simply want to encourage the “ones” who need to know that simply persevering until the end means salvation. If we finish the race, we win. If we simply do not quit, we will have the prize.

   The race is the race of faith, so simply walk in “the obedience of faith” every day, always listening to what God is saying in his word, always watching for what he is doing in you and around you, always joining him in his work, and you can be sure your Savior will have no trouble gathering you to himself when he returns.

 

© 2024 Monte Vigh ~ Box 517, Merritt, BC, V1K 1B8

Email: in2freedom@gmail.com

Unless otherwise noted, Scriptures are from the English Standard Version (The Holy Bible, English Standard Version. ESV® Text Edition: 2016. Copyright © 2001 by Crossway Bibles, a publishing ministry of Good News Publishers.)

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment