Pages

Tuesday, September 10, 2024

On This Day: A Child’s Picture of Jesus’ Return


“Tell us, when will these things be, and what will be the sign of your coming and of the end of the age?” “Then will appear in heaven the sign of the Son of Man, and then all the tribes of the earth will mourn, and they will see the Son of Man coming on the clouds of heaven with power and great glory.” (Matthew 24:3,30)

 

   I learned to read God’s word each day like God is personally teaching me thirty-two years ago. It was transforming, and I praise God for how he led me to this just months before facing some of the biggest shocks of my life. By simply taking God’s word to heart every morning, I found him fulfilling his word that “faith comes from hearing, and hearing from the word of Christ” (Romans 10:17). I heard, my faith grew, and God was glorified.

   However, I can still remember when I came to the book of Revelation as the next part of my morning time with Father. I knew the book had a sense of mystery as its many strange descriptions were supposed to tell us something about our future history (future from the time of writing). But would God be “able” to speak to me through this book the same as all the others?

   Yes, there was a sense in which I knew he would. But it was still puzzling (in a good way) how he would do it! And, not only was it not disappointing, but it was a real eye-opener in how to hear God’s word like a child.  It’s like I had one of those very detailed coloring books and my meditation on the word each day was like coloring in whatever God was teaching me. As God drew my attention to see this one day, and that another day, and see it all together some days later, it truly felt like I was being helped to see the pictures in the words instead of trying to add words that weren’t there.

   I can also recall the first time it clicked that Jesus got this far into his response to the disciples’ question before he began answering about “the sign of your coming”. I couldn’t help smiling to realize that the “sign” of Jesus’ coming was (drum roll please)… HIS COMING!  

   Because Jesus’ first words of response to his disciples’ question were, “See that no one leads you astray”, I encourage everyone to let ourselves be like a child. Don’t go beyond what is written. See the pictures. Marvel at what is going to happen. Know it will be exactly in real life as it is pictured in even the most magnificent visions of Revelation. We are NOT obligated AT ALL to believe things from others we can’t see for ourselves in the photo album of God’s word.

   Which leaves us with the most important question of all: Have you believed in the Lord Jesus Christ in repentance and faith so you know you will not perish in Jesus’ coming but have eternal life, or will you be among those who “mourn” because God’s word was true after all, and Jesus will now judge sinners with all the condemnation of their sin?

   God’s word says, “Behold, now is the favorable time; behold, now is the day of salvation” (II Corinthians 6:2). Believe in the Lord Jesus Christ so you can be saved!

© 2024 Monte Vigh ~ Box 517, Merritt, BC, V1K 1B8

Email: in2freedom@gmail.com

Unless otherwise noted, Scriptures are from the English Standard Version (The Holy Bible, English Standard Version. ESV® Text Edition: 2016. Copyright © 2001 by Crossway Bibles, a publishing ministry of Good News Publishers.)

 

No comments:

Post a Comment