Pages

Sunday, September 22, 2024

A Journal Journey with Brad Jersak’s “Different” Jesus – Day 98 - Part 2 (Conclusion 3: The Bad/Good News of the Good News – ADDENDUM)


Examining "A More Christlike Word" by Brad Jersak

Day 98 (part 2)


“For if someone comes and proclaims another Jesus than the one we proclaimed, or if you receive a different spirit from the one you received, or if you accept a different gospel from the one you accepted, you put up with it readily enough.” (Paul’s concern from 2 Corinthians 11:4)

The False Filter

The Biblical Filter

The word OR the Word

The Word THROUGH the word

(Note: I tried to correct the places where blogger decided to put white backgrounds to some sentences or paragraphs but the last ones have eluded me. They are not there on purpose and have no special significance or emphasis, so I hope they are not distracting) 

   Last night (in reference to when I am writing this), I completed my Day 98 post regarding the “good/bad news of the good news”. My focus was to refute Brad Jersak’s claim that all the biblical references to God’s wrath and judgment against sin don’t mean what God breathed out.

   This morning, I was facing my time with God knowing that I was heading into the account of Jesus’ crucifixion right at this time that I’m addressing the realities of what he did on the cross. I know that Jersak’s railing against the Penal Substitutionary Atonement (PSA) was bogus since he misrepresented any Scriptures he used to make his point (and then led us outside of Scripture just as Irenaeus said the false teachers would do). My next post will focus on what exactly the breathed-out Scriptures say about this.

   However, after my time in the word I prepared to go downstairs for my exercise time and to listen to the Scriptures, picking up where I left off in II Samuel. I felt a smile as I wondered how in the world the continuing record of David’s history would help me address anything to do with either the wrath of God against sin or the salvation God provided to save us from condemnation and make us his beloved children forever. I felt somewhat certain that God would surprise me, but replaying what I knew of the next part of II Samuel wasn’t giving me any clues as to what would come up.

   A Surprising Scene of Atonement

   Within minutes of continuing to listen to the Scriptures, I got the surprise I was looking for. It was another example of “atonement” that I had never registered as such. II Samuel 21 begins with David seeking “the face of the LORD” because of three years of famine. God’s reply was, “There is bloodguilt on Saul and on his house, because he put the Gibeonites to death” (vs 1). King Saul had struck down some of the Gibeonites after the leaders of Israel had sworn to protect them.

   David then went to the Gibeonites and said, “What shall I do for you? And how shall I make atonement, that you may bless the heritage of the Lord?” Atonement means, “to make amends v. — to perform an act or make a payment in expiation of some wrong” (BSL). The Gibeonites' “atonement” requirement was not pretty:

“‘The man who consumed us and planned to destroy us, so that we should have no place in all the territory of Israel, let seven of his sons be given to us, so that we may hang them before the LORD at Gibeah of Saul, the chosen of the LORD.’ And the king said, ‘I will give them’” (vss 5-6).

   It simply stood out that this is history. It is not allegory. It is not a parable. It is gruesome justice in response to a gruesome injustice. It was done because Yahweh required justice. Both sides agreed that justice was required, and both sides agreed on the satisfaction of justice.

   I share this only to show how taking the time to check out what Scripture says about justice and judgment shows us that there is no exception to this even though we have moved from the old covenant to the new. “The Rock, his work is perfect, for all his ways are justice. A God of faithfulness and without iniquity, just and upright is he” (Deuteronomy 32:4).

   Brad Jersak is getting away with dissing “the Rock”. His “more Christlike” deception is calling out Yahweh for not being Christlike enough. The Scriptures say that Yahweh’s “work is perfect”, and Jersak says it is not. God says “all his ways are justice” and Jersak says they are not. God is revealed as a God “of faithfulness” to his name and his word, and Jersak disses God for not being “faithful” to sinful and unrepentant nations. God is “without iniquity” and Jersak says the God of the Old Testament is portrayed as doing things that qualify as iniquity. The God revealed in the Scriptures is “just and upright”, and Jersak wants his readers to believe he is unjust and violent.

   I simply contend that God’s response to sin is such that atonement is required to resolve our sin problem. David’s response to the injustice of King Saul’s violation of a treaty of peace would have broken his heart to do it, but his love for Yahweh as God led him to do what was right (and Jesus did not correct this Scripture!).

   God Rescues the One He Delights in

   When I moved into chapter 22, I was immediately captivated by David expressing his worship in song. The reason? “David spoke to the LORD the words of this song on the day when the LORD delivered him from the hand of all his enemies, and from the hand of Saul” (vs 1).

   Question: what happened to David’s enemies when God delivered David? Yes, that’s right, they were defeated and destroyed. Watch this pattern, that God’s mercy and deliverance for David meant his judgment, justice, and wrath against his enemies. We cannot escape from how clearly that is revealed, including by Jesus himself in his parables!

   Now, because all I am doing in this addendum is sharing this morning’s “hearing” of God’s word, I will share a notated journey through this song of David. It is included in the Psalms as Psalm 18, but I will follow through with the text here in II Samuel 22. I will leave out the verse numbers simply for ease of communicating what I see here and how this ministered to me.

1.     David begins “The Lord (Yahweh) is my rock and my fortress and my deliverer,  my God, my rock, in whom I take refuge, my shield, and the horn of my salvation, my stronghold and my refuge, my savior; you save me from violence.” David begins with who Yahweh is to him, not in the “this is my truth” kind of ignorance of our day, but in the declaration that all that is true of Yahweh is David’s. Everything about Yahweh is glorious and good, and each quality David presents in praise is a reality of God’s identity to his children.

2.    “I call upon the Lord, who is worthy to be praised, and I am saved from my enemies.” David calls upon Yahweh as just described above. This Yahweh is worthy to be praised (which makes Brad Jersak a liar for claiming that biblical writers got it wrong about him because Jesus never ONCE corrected David’s view of his Father). And, because Yahweh is worthy to be praised (meaning, he is as great as David described), David was always saved from his enemies. This means that we have David on one side with Yahweh for him, and we have his enemies on the other side with Yahweh against them. And yes, Jesus himself continued declaring this pattern in his teachings, and the apostles continued describing this pattern in the writing of the New Testament Scriptures.

3.    “For the waves of death encompassed me, the torrents of destruction assailed me; the cords of Sheol entangled me; the snares of death confronted me. In my distress I called upon the Lord; to my God I called. From his temple he heard my voice, and my cry came to his ears.” Now remember, this is David using allegorical language to describe literal events. Whatever he went through from his enemies and Saul is illustrated in these word-pictures. David went through these things at “the hand of all his enemies”, and at “the hand of Saul”. The history of these events is all through I and II Samuel.

4.    “Then the earth reeled and rocked; the foundations of the heavens trembled and quaked, because he was angry. Smoke went up from his nostrils, and devouring fire from his mouth; glowing coals flamed forth from him.” Again, this is a song expressing praise about history. Now, just to point out how misleading Brad Jersak was to suggest that anything in the form of a song must not be speaking of a literal event, here is a link to what looks like a couple of hundred songs that have been written based on historical events. I don’t know if any are any good, but it is to prove that a song can be accurate historically even if expressing aspects of the history in allegorical word-pictures.[1] What is clear is that God was expressing his holiness, righteousness and wrath against David’s enemies. The literal is always consistent with the figurative illustrations.

5.    “He bowed the heavens and came down; thick darkness was under his feet. He rode on a cherub and flew; he was seen on the wings of the wind. He made darkness around him his canopy, thick clouds, a gathering of water. Out of the brightness before him coals of fire flamed forth.” Again, beautifully poetic expressions giving emotion to the literal ways God rose to David’s defence.

6.    “The Lord thundered from heaven, and the Most High uttered his voice. And he sent out arrows and scattered them; lightning, and routed them. Then the channels of the sea were seen; the foundations of the world were laid bare, at the rebuke of the Lord,  at the blast of the breath of his nostrils.” Yes, beautiful allegorical language describing real-life events of the same character. God was expressing his wrath against David’s enemies. Easy to understand.

7.    “He sent from on high, he took me; he drew me out of many waters. He rescued me from my strong enemy, from those who hated me, for they were too mighty for me.” For God to rescue David he had to defeat his enemies. We can’t have one without the other.

8.    “They confronted me in the day of my calamity, but the Lord was my support. He brought me out into a broad place; he rescued me, because he delighted in me.” We also cannot separate that God rescues the ones he delights in, the ones who are his people, the ones attached to him in covenant relationship.

9.    “The Lord dealt with me according to my righteousness; according to the cleanness of my hands he rewarded me. For I have kept the ways of the Lord and have not wickedly departed from my God. For all his rules were before me, and from his statutes I did not turn aside. I was blameless before him, and I kept myself from guilt. And the Lord has rewarded me according to my righteousness, according to my cleanness in his sight.” Yes, this is fascinating when considering that David is speaking after his sin with Bathsheba. In my early years, I wondered how I could read about Old Testament saints making claims of righteousness. I wondered how anyone could be that good. But then I realized that they meant within the old covenant where they observed all the regulations for the sacrifices. They weren’t claiming to be without sin, but that they were blameless in keeping the law in dealing with sin. What a difference that made to my understanding of even the things David is saying here. And David’s sin with Bathsheba is countered with Psalm 51 as that amazing song of repentance that has helped millions of people express their repentance to God over the centuries.

10. “With the merciful you show yourself merciful; with the blameless man you show yourself blameless; with the purified you deal purely, and with the crooked you make yourself seem tortuous.” There it is, what it looks like to “do justice, love kindness, and walk humbly with your God” (Micah 6:8). David knew that God acted justly towards his enemies, and kindly towards his people. He would also act justly against his people (Achan) and show kindness towards repentant enemies (Rahab). However people relate to him is how he relates to them.

11.  “You save a humble people, but your eyes are on the haughty to bring them down.” God blesses the poor in spirit, but he condemns the proud in spirit. Just think of the woes Jesus pronounced against the scribes and Pharisees in his last public ministry before his crucifixion. But think of how he welcomed the prostitutes and tax collectors who entered his kingdom by believing the good news of the kingdom of heaven.

12. “For you are my lamp, O Lord, and my God lightens my darkness. For by you I can run against a troop, and by my God I can leap over a wall. This God—his way is perfect; the word of the Lord proves true; he is a shield for all those who take refuge in him.” You will never read that God makes himself a lamp for his enemies. He does not lighten the darkness for criminal nations. He is not a shield for the Egyptians, the Amalekites, or the Philistines who are all his enemies. But he is a shield for all his people who trust in his hesed (unfailing love).

13. “For who is God, but the Lord (Yahweh)?  And who is a rock, except our God? This God is my strong refuge and has made my way blameless. He made my feet like the feet of a deer and set me secure on the heights. He trains my hands for war, so that my arms can bend a bow of bronze. You have given me the shield of your salvation, and your gentleness made me great. You gave a wide place for my steps under me, and my feet did not slip; I pursued my enemies and destroyed them, and did not turn back until they were consumed. I consumed them; I thrust them through, so that they did not rise; they fell under my feet.” Remember, there is not one reference anywhere in the rest of the Scriptures correcting what David wrote here. He is giving glory to God for equipping him with what he needed to destroy his enemies. That is a song of praise. That is Yahweh who is glorious and good. He protects his people by destroying their enemies. If someone prefers a god who does not protect his people and instead shows mercy to their enemies while they are harming them, that is on them, but we cannot find such an unjust and unloving God in the Bible.

14. “For you equipped me with strength for the battle; you made those who rise against me sink under me. You made my enemies turn their backs to me, those who hated me, and I destroyed them. They looked, but there was none to save; they cried to the Lord, but he did not answer them. I beat them fine as the dust of the earth; I crushed them and stamped them down like the mire of the streets.” The deliverance of God’s people required the defeat of their enemies. When David speaks of his enemies crying out to Yahweh, that would have included King Saul because God not answering him is why he ended up going to a witch! We absolutely need to know that the bad news for God’s enemies matches the good news for God’s people.

15. “You delivered me from strife with my people; you kept me as the head of the nations; people whom I had not known served me. Foreigners came cringing to me; as soon as they heard of me, they obeyed me. Foreigners lost heart and came trembling out of their fortresses.” If I had time we could go look for every historical event that matches David’s descriptions. David’s deliverance meant he brought his enemies into subjection to Yahweh and Israel.

16. “The Lord lives, and blessed be my rock, and exalted be my God, the rock of my salvation, the God who gave me vengeance and brought down peoples under me, who brought me out from my enemies; you exalted me above those who rose against me; you delivered me from men of violence.” Look at the praises being given to Yahweh without one account anywhere in Scripture correcting that Yahweh, Jesus’ Father, was worthy of such praise for giving vengeance over to David to bring down on the people who were against him. God works through people, so even though vengeance is his and he will repay, he has worked through his people to carry out his will. And before we get a Bradley cry that we would do the same under the new covenant as David did under the old… well… that doesn’t even deserve a reply!

17. “For this I will praise you, O Lord, among the nations, and sing praises to your name. Great salvation he brings to his king, and shows steadfast love to his anointed, to David and his offspring forever.” Yes, for THIS David expresses his praises to the king of heaven, Yahweh, the covenant-keeping God of Israel.

   David’s Last Words Give Praise to God’s Words!

   When the reader began II Samuel 23, I was mesmerized. These were David’s last words! I am sure I have read them before, but with all the new things going on in my life, it captivated my attention to hear what mattered to David at the end of his life.

1.     “The oracle of David, the son of Jesse, the oracle of the man who was raised on high, the anointed of the God of Jacob, the sweet psalmist of Israel:” I love hearing people testify to their place in the body of Christ and give glory to God, especially when they know that God has used them but are not proud of it because he has kept them humble.

2.    “The Spirit of the Lord speaks by me; his word is on my tongue. The God of Israel has spoken; the Rock of Israel has said to me: When one rules justly over men, ruling in the fear of God, he dawns on them like the morning light, like the sun shining forth on a cloudless morning, like rain that makes grass to sprout from the earth.” Isn’t that amazing. Brad Jersak would have to show us somewhere in the Bible that David would be accused of blasphemy for claiming that Yahweh, Jesus’ Father, spoke by him when that really wasn’t the case (meaning according to Brad Jersak’s God/man hybrid poison). David is so clearly claiming what Paul and Peter described about Scripture being the breathed-out words of God written down by men carried along by the Holy Spirit without any intervention of their own wills messing things up! And what David claimed was that all his warfare, all his judgments, were just and right in God’s eyes because he was defending the people of Israel, reclaiming the land God gave to Abraham, and destroying the enemies of God.

3.    “For does not my house stand so with God? For he has made with me an everlasting covenant, ordered in all things and secure. For will he not cause to prosper all my help and my desire?” David faced God’s judgment because of his sin, but God’s promise to him will not fail. King Saul did not repent, but David did (just like Judas did not repent but Peter did).

4.    “But worthless men are all like thorns that are thrown away, for they cannot be taken with the hand; but the man who touches them arms himself with iron and the shaft of a spear, and they are utterly consumed with fire.” Yes, the justice of God prevails, and there again is that consuming fire of God’s presence that utterly consumes his enemies. And this all sounds a lot like Jesus talking about the worthless servant in one of his parables!

   As I have been editing this, I remembered an album of songs based on the life of David as expressed in his Psalms. The album is called, "David: Ordinary Man... Extraordinary God". In the footnote is a link to a YouTube playlist of the album. As I was going through these chapters of II Samuel, I kept hearing some of the songs playing in my head![2]

   There were several other things that stood out in the next chapters as expressing both the justice and mercy of God, but I hope my point is well taken. The breathed-out Scriptures keep proving time and again that both justice and mercy/kindness are always in effect, each applied in response to people in how they relate to God.

   Paul Washer on the Cup of God’s Wrath

   However, what I will close with is a surprise focus on the wrath of God from Paul Washer.[3] It was just a 5-minute clip of a sermon, but it was his usual heartfelt earnestness explaining how foolish it is to imagine Jesus saved us because he was crucified by the Jews and Romans. He pointed out how so many martyrs of the first couple of centuries of the church were crucified, but they went to their crosses joyfully praising God to be counted worthy of suffering with their Savior.

   The point is, how would Jesus be agonizing "to the point of death" in Gethsemane over crucifixion that so many of his followers welcomed with joy to be persecuted for the sake of the gospel? The answer: that wasn’t why he was in agony!!!

   Yes, when we let people like Brad Jersak ask his “Did God actually say…?” questions so that we let a mere man convince us to deny Jesus’ words to live by every word that comes from the mouth of God, and we let him tell us that every verse of Scripture that speaks of Yahweh and Jesus expressing wrath, fury, and anger against their enemies, and against sin, are mistakes made by the writers, then how do we make sense of the Garden of Gethsemane suffering where Jesus was at the point of death because he was feeling so much grief?!

   Paul Washer challenged with the question, “What was in the cup Jesus asked the Father to pass him by?” Was it the same suffering of crucifixion that his followers would embrace as a badge of honor? No, it could not be that.

   Instead, it was the very thing Satan wants people to disbelieve, that Jesus bore God’s wrath against our sins so that those who believe in him would never face God’s wrath against our sins. God poured out his wrath against my sins to the last drop so that for the rest of my life, and for all of eternity, there will not be one time, not one moment of eternity (however eternity is measured) when even a minute drop of wrath will fall upon me. When Jesus said, “It is finished,” the pouring out of God’s wrath was done. Over. Complete. The CUP WAS EMPTY!!!

   This message spoke of some Scriptures from the Old Testament that identified the “cup” Jesus drank from, so I looked up the word “cup” to see how many references applied. Here is what I discovered:

1.     “The Lord tests the righteous, but his soul hates the wicked and the one who loves violence. Let him rain coals on the wicked; fire and sulfur and a scorching wind shall be the portion of their cup. For the Lord is righteous; he loves righteous deeds; the upright shall behold his face” (Psalm 11:5-7). First, we see God differentiating between loving the righteous and hating the wicked. For the wicked, the cup their will drink is full of the wrath of God.

2.    “For not from the east or from the west and not from the wilderness comes lifting up, but it is God who executes judgment, putting down one and lifting up another” (Psalm 75:6-7). Again, there is a contrast between those who experience God’s judgment putting them down, and those who experience his mercy lifting them up. “For in the hand of the Lord there is a cup with foaming wine, well mixed, and he pours out from it, and all the wicked of the earth shall drain it down to the dregs” (vs 8). The cup of wrath is to be drunk by the wicked. “But I will declare it forever; I will sing praises to the God of Jacob. All the horns of the wicked I will cut off, but the horns of the righteous shall be lifted up” (vss 9-10). This is praise to Yahweh, that he cuts off the wicked and lifts up the righteous.

3.    In Isaiah 51, the prophet writes of God coming to comfort his people in mercy after having judged them in his anger against their relentless sinning. “Wake yourself, wake yourself, stand up, O Jerusalem, you who have drunk from the hand of the Lord the cup of his wrath, who have drunk to the dregs the bowl, the cup of staggering” (vs 17). God’s sinful people had already drunk the cup of God’s wrath. This is further described as “devastation and destruction, famine and sword” (vs 19). Their “sons… they are full of the wrath of the Lord, the rebuke of your God” (vs 20). And then he makes clear his mercy to them and his judgment on their tormentors, “Therefore hear this, you who are afflicted, who are drunk, but not with wine: Thus says your Lord, the Lord, your God who pleads the cause of his people: ‘Behold, I have taken from your hand the cup of staggering; the bowl of my wrath you shall drink no more; and I will put it into the hand of your tormentors…” (vss 21-23). The cup and bowl of wrath is clearly God’s judgment against sin. He pours it out for his people to drink when they sin, and then pours it out for their enemies to drink when his children repent. This is the cup Jesus was dreading.

4.    Thus the Lord, the God of Israel, said to me: ‘Take from my hand this cup of the wine of wrath, and make all the nations to whom I send you drink it. They shall drink and stagger and be crazed because of the sword that I am sending among them’” (Jeremiah 25:15-16). The cup is the cup of wrath. “So I took the cup from the Lord's hand, and made all the nations to whom the Lord sent me drink it” (vs 17). What follows is all the nations that were made to drink the cup of God’s wrath against their sin.

5.    Ezekiel describes God’s cup of wrath in horrifying detail in Ezekiel 23. I will just summarize it as “a cup of horror and desolation” (vs 33). The whole chapter lists the grievousness of their sin.

6.    Habakkuk writes, “The cup in the Lord's right hand will come around to you, and utter shame will come upon your glory!” (2:16).

7.    Zechariah adds, “Behold, I am about to make Jerusalem a cup of staggering to all the surrounding peoples. The siege of Jerusalem will also be against Judah” (12:2).

8.    So, when Jesus prayed, “My Father, if it be possible, let this cup pass from me; nevertheless, not as I will, but as you will” (Matthew 26:39), it wasn’t crucifixion itself he was speaking of, but that he would FEEL the wrath of God on his holy and sinless person as he drank that cup of wrath to the dregs.

9.    To show that the “cup of wrath” imagery is not only in the Old Testament, here is how it is pictured in prophecies of what is yet to come. “And another angel, a third, followed them, saying with a loud voice, ‘If anyone worships the beast and its image and receives a mark on his forehead or on his hand, he also will drink the wine of God's wrath, poured full strength into the cup of his anger, and he will be tormented with fire and sulfur in the presence of the holy angels and in the presence of the Lamb. And the smoke of their torment goes up forever and ever, and they have no rest, day or night, these worshipers of the beast and its image, and whoever receives the mark of its name” (Revelation 14:9-11).

10. This final picture includes one cup with two contents. First is “a golden cup full of abominations and the impurities of her sexual immorality” (17:4). Second is, “Then I heard another voice from heaven saying, ‘Come out of her, my people, lest you take part in her sins, lest you share in her plagues; for her sins are heaped high as heaven, and God has remembered her iniquities. Pay her back as she herself has paid back others, and repay her double for her deeds; mix a double portion for her in the cup she mixed’” (18:4-6). The point is that God is responding to the contents of a cup filled with horrible wickedness and fills that same cup with the fury of his great wrath against all the evils this “Babylon” committed against God’s creation.

   My point in this is not to glorify “wrath” above every attribute of God. It is to call people back to the word of God in an area that Satan is challenging, “Did God actually say…?” The answer is, yes, God did actually say that he feels wrath, anger, and fury against deliberate, relentless and unrepentant sin. And the fact that God’s justice requires payment or repentance is absolutely essential to explain why the gospel is “good news of great joy, for unto us is born a Savior, who is Christ the Lord!” Yes, not a Savior who wimped out about crucifixion while his followers exulted to be so treated, but a Savior who bore God’s wrath against our sin (propitiation) so that there is NO wrath against our sin left to pour out. NOT... EVEN... ONE… DROP!!!

   Or, as Paul presented it, “For our sake he made him to be sin who knew no sin, so that in him we might become the righteousness of God” (II Corinthians 5:21). THAT is what Jesus was distressed about in the Garden. That he would “be sin” to bear God’s cup of wrath against sin in order that we could BECOME the righteousness of God when we had NONE of our own! This is what is so glorious about our Savior, “He himself bore our sins in his body on the tree, that we might die to sin and live to righteousness. By his wounds you have been healed” (I Peter 2:24). And to know that in bearing our sins, he received the cup of God’s wrath against our sins so that we might now die to sin and live to righteousness, something that would not even be possible if our Savior had not fully propitiated the cup of God’s wrath.

   The Cup of Good News

   I need to close this with the beautiful contrast between the cup Jesus drank from and the one he gave to us. This is especially significant because I just came to the description of the “last supper” in Matthew 26 in my morning time with God. We made this our theme for home church as we shared communion together this morning. Now look at how Paul describes what Jesus did for us: “In the same way also he took the cup, after supper, saying, ‘This cup is the new covenant in my blood. Do this, as often as you drink it, in remembrance of me’” (1 Corinthians 11:25).

   How remarkable to see that Jesus invited his disciples to drink of the cup of the New Covenant just hours before he would drink the cup of God’s wrath to make that covenant “in my blood”. What “reverence and awe” we feel for this consuming fire who would bear the guilt of our sin to make us guiltless before God.

   And to think that the Brad Jersaks are out there peddling “another Jesus” who does not propitiate sin, a “different spirit” that denigrates the word of God, and “a different gospel” that has no remission of sin, no remission of guilt, no remission of judgment, because there is no payment for sin, no drinking of the cup of God’s wrath, no salvation. It simply is so horrible that people will swallow another “Did God actually say…?” when what God actually said so clearly gives us a Savior, who is Christ the Lord!

 

© 2024 Monte Vigh ~ Box 517, Merritt, BC, V1K 1B8

Email: in2freedom@gmail.com

Unless otherwise noted, Scriptures are from the English Standard Version (The Holy Bible, English Standard Version. ESV® Text Edition: 2016. Copyright © 2001 by Crossway Bibles, a publishing ministry of Good News Publishers.)

A More Christlike Word © 2021 by Bradley Jersak Whitaker House 1030 Hunt Valley Circle • New Kensington, PA 15068 www.whitakerhouse.com

Jersak, Bradley. A More Christlike Word: Reading Scripture the Emmaus Way. Whitaker House. Kindle Edition.

Definitions from the Bible Sense Lexicon (BSL) in Logos Bible Systems



[1] Songs Based on Historical Events: https://genius.com/Genius-lists-songs-based-on-historical-events-annotated Again, I’m NOT endorsing any of these, but just showing it is valid to treat the songs in the Bible to be speaking of literal events of history.

[2] David- Ordinary Man...Extraordinary God, Album on Youtube: https://youtube.com/playlist?list=PL2uXVCvpoUpyyADgVVTHokDcqrgNCp7F8&si=ntcUoePGHcA7dqvD

[3] What Was in the Cup? | Paul Washer | Shepherds Conference 2016

https://youtu.be/6xYguIppI1M?si=SivgiD2QXua-YkU4

No comments:

Post a Comment