Pages

Friday, September 20, 2024

On This Day: The Death Scene Written in the Script


“The Son of Man goes as it is written of him, but woe to that man by whom the Son of Man is betrayed! It would have been better for that man if he had not been born.” (Matthew 26:24)

 

   This Scripture stood out to me for a few reasons: partly because I want to know everything that is written of Jesus in the prophets; partly because I want to understand what the disciples knew and understood of what was written of him, and partly because I want to know how to include this in my next conclusion to Brad Jersak’s book of false teachings about Jesus!

   I share what I learn from the Bible each day because I want everyone to experience for themselves how God speaks to us through his word. One side of what I share is the specific encouragement from the Scriptures for that day (in this case how the “script” of the Scriptures spoke of Jesus’ death in advance).

   The other side is a whole truckload of testimonies of how we can meet with God in his word and prayer and attach to his words by faith so they become part of our lives in whatever we are facing.

   The “whatever I am facing” part includes coming to my “Day 99 - Conclusion 4 - Saving Salvation” in my rebuttal of the book I was asked to read. No, I don’t believe the true gospel (good news) of salvation needs me to save it. I’m simply referring to how Brad Jersak has joined  “The thief (who) comes only to steal and kill and destroy” the gospel of our salvation and I am seeking to remind people that Jesus “came that we may have life and have it abundantly” (John 10:10). In a figurative way, I’m writing to snatch back from the wolves the salvation they are trying to snatch away from the children of God.

    My point is that at the very time I am beginning to write about how clearly the death of Jesus Christ for sinners is revealed in the prophets, the gospels, and the letters to the churches, I have just come to Jesus announcing his crucifixion as the spotlight turns to the hours leading up to his death. My daily time with God will lead me through this bittersweet scene. At the same time, I will be looking at how “The Son of Man goes as it is written of him..”

    I will leave it at that for today because this is how God has my attention. The Script of prophecy is open alongside the scene of Jesus’ death for sinners. It is fascinating in the details, but it is life-giving in the experience of knowing Jesus Christ as Lord and Savior because of what he accomplished on the cross.

   And please check back in a few days (or so) if you would like to read an expanded view of how Jesus fulfilled what was written of him so there is no doubt that what he did was exactly what God planned for the salvation of his lost sheep.

 

© 2024 Monte Vigh ~ Box 517, Merritt, BC, V1K 1B8

Email: in2freedom@gmail.com

Unless otherwise noted, Scriptures are from the English Standard Version (The Holy Bible, English Standard Version. ESV® Text Edition: 2016. Copyright © 2001 by Crossway Bibles, a publishing ministry of Good News Publishers.)

 


 

No comments:

Post a Comment