Pages

Tuesday, December 3, 2013

Considerations ~ God's Replacement Policy

Often when I am baking, I’m looking for healthier ingredients to substitute for those in the recipes. The more I hear of how bad some foods are for us, and how good other foods are proving to be, the more often I replace one of the old standbys with something better. 

Life with God is one big replacement-policy. He replaces my death with his life. He replaces my sarky-self-dependence with the filling of his Holy Spirit. He replaces my fear with his perfect love. He replaces my condemnation with the forgiveness of my sins. He replaces my loneliness with the personal presence of my Lord Jesus Christ. He replaces my orphan-mindedness with a permanent family in which God himself is my Father, Jesus Christ my Brother, the Holy Spirit my constant companion, and the children of God my siblings in Christ.  

One day, my Father will replace my wearisome groaning in the foreign land of the world with the delightful experience of my forever home where, in your presence there is fullness of joy; at your right hand are pleasures forevermore.” (Psalm 16:11) Now that is the replacement I am longing for!
 
© 2013 Monte Vigh ~ Box 517, Merritt, BC, V1K 1B8 ~ in2freedom@gmail.com
Unless otherwise noted, Scriptures are from the English Standard Version (The Holy Bible, English Standard Version Copyright © 2001 by Crossway Bibles, a division of Good News Publishers.)
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment