Getting to Know Jesus in the Gospel of Mark
Study Twelve: Mark 2:18-22
1. This testimony introduces us to contrasts between following Jesus, and following others. Where does Jesus put the focus in explaining the differences in his illustration of the bridegroom?
2. What does Jesus’ illustration of the unshrunk cloth add to the explanation of these differences?
3. How does the illustration of the new wine make clear what Jesus is talking about?
4. What did Jesus mean that “new wine is for fresh wineskins”?
5. What are some ways that people try to mix Jesus’ “new wine” with old wineskins, or his new, unshrunk cloth with old clothes?
6. How does the following Scripture help to understand what God is working to do in our lives through Jesus’ illustrations: “And I will give you a new heart, and a new spirit I will put within you. And I will remove the heart of stone from your flesh and give you a heart of flesh.” (Ezekiel 36:26)
© 2013 Monte Vigh ~ Box 517, Merritt, BC, V1K 1B8 ~ firstname.lastname@example.org
Unless otherwise noted, Scriptures are from the English Standard Version (The Holy Bible, English Standard Version Copyright © 2001 by Crossway Bibles, a division of Good News Publishers.)