Eleven Assurances from Older Brother John
1. “And by this we know that we have come to know him” (I John 2:3)
2. “By this we may know that we are in him” (I John 2:5)
3. “By this it is evident who are the children of God, and who are the children of the devil” (I John 3:10)
4. “By this we know love” (I John 3:16)
5. “By this we shall know that we are of the truth and reassure our heart before him” (I John 3:19)
6. “And by this we know that he abides in us” (I John 3:24)
7. “By this you know the Spirit of God” (I John 4:2)
8. “By this we know the Spirit of truth and the spirit of error” (I John 4:6)
9. “By this we know that we abide in him and he in us” (I John 4:13)
10. “By this is love perfected with us” (I John 4:17)
11. “By this we know that we love the children of God” (I John 5:2)
“And this is eternal life, that they know you the only true God, and Jesus Christ whom you have sent” (John 17:3).
“For now we see in a mirror dimly, but then face to face. Now I know in part; then I shall know fully, even as I have been fully known” (I Corinthians 13:12).
Scriptures are from the English Standard Version (The Holy Bible, English Standard Version Copyright © 2001 by Crossway Bibles, a division of Good News Publishers.)