Pages

Friday, November 22, 2013

Considerations ~ Children of Hope

Just some thoughts:

Having so many children in our home during the week keeps me focused on what I am able to contribute to their lives for their healthy maturity in body, soul and spirit. Occasionally God reminds me that he also uses these children to teach me how to be like a child in my relationship with him. The whole thing about Jesus taking his little lambs in his arms and carrying them close to his heart (Isaiah 40:11) has not been easy for me to experience. Sometimes it takes a brokenhearted little child coming for a hug for me to get a sense of what God wants me to think about him… and me. 
~  ~  ~  ~  ~  ~  ~  ~  ~  ~  ~  ~  ~  ~  ~ 
“separated from Christ, alienated from the commonwealth of Israel and strangers to the covenants of promise, having no hope and without God in the world” (Ephesians 2:12). This describes my life apart from Christ. However, "you were slain, and by your blood you ransomed people for God..." (Revelation 5:9). This describes why I have hope, even in this hopeless-without-God world.


 
© 2013 Monte Vigh ~ Box 517, Merritt, BC, V1K 1B8 ~ in2freedom@gmail.com
Unless otherwise noted, Scriptures are from the English Standard Version (The Holy Bible, English Standard Version Copyright © 2001 by Crossway Bibles, a division of Good News Publishers.)

No comments:

Post a Comment