Pages

Wednesday, December 5, 2012

Today in Revelation ~ Glory, Dominion, Love and Discipline


The Glory and Dominion of God’s Loving Discipline
 
God speaks through his word, so it is no coincidence that he would lead me through two days of telling me, “to him who loves us” (Rev 1:5) and then follow this with the Lord disciplines the one he loves” (Heb 12:6). After all, if God needs to discipline me, and I have a tendency to treat discipline as hatred, cruelty or rejection, then he would first have to convince me that his discipline is love.
 
Jesus, the one who loves God’s children, is worthy of all “glory and dominion” (Rev 1:6). This is a great encouragement to us as we face the difficulties described in the book of Revelation. However, he is also worthy of glory and dominion in our lives as he works to make us like himself. When he does finally complete his work of remaking us into his own image and likeness, he will clearly be glorified for doing such an impossible thing. In the meantime, we honor him and his love by submitting to his dominion over our lives, including his right to lovingly discipline our behavior.
 
In practical terms, this past twenty-four hours have been as clear a time of discipline from the Lord as I can remember. At the end of the day I glorify God that I know I am his beloved child more than ever before. His glory and dominion are clearly the safest place for us to live.


© 2012 Monte Vigh ~ Box 517, Merritt, BC, Canada, V1K 1B8 ~ in2freedom@gmail.com

No comments:

Post a Comment