Pages

Sunday, June 15, 2014

Considerations ~ Beatitudinal Worship

          The smaller I see myself, the more secure I feel. In God.

          The more I sense the poverty of my spirit, the greater my awe that the kingdom of heaven is mine.

          The more I mourn the impoverished condition of my soul, the more I worship the one who comforts those who mourn.

          The more I meekly acknowledge my inability to fix myself, the more I marvel that God would give me what is his.

          The more I hunger and thirst for the impossible-to-attain righteousness I see in Jesus Christ my Lord, the more wonder I feel that I am growing into that same likeness from one degree of glory to another.




“Blessed are the poor in spirit, for theirs is the kingdom of heaven.
“Blessed are those who mourn, for they shall be comforted.
“Blessed are the meek, for they shall inherit the earth.
“Blessed are those who hunger and thirst for righteousness, for they shall be satisfied. (Matthew 5)

18 And we all, with unveiled face, beholding the glory of the Lord, are being transformed into the same image from one degree of glory to another. For this comes from the Lord who is the Spirit. (II Corinthians 3)

© 2014 Monte Vigh ~ Box 517, Merritt, BC, V1K 1B8 ~ in2freedom@gmail.com
Unless otherwise noted, Scriptures are from the English Standard Version (The Holy Bible, English Standard Version Copyright © 2001 by Crossway Bibles, a division of Good News Publishers.)

No comments:

Post a Comment