Pages

Friday, August 9, 2024

On This Day: A Rebuke to the Rebukers of Children

Then children were brought to him that he might lay his hands on them and pray. The disciples rebuked the people, but Jesus said, “Let the little children come to me and do not hinder them, for to such belongs the kingdom of heaven.” And he laid his hands on them and went away. (Matthew 19:13-15)

 

   What gripped me this morning was seeing Jesus clear up confusion regarding bringing children to him. I realized that I need these reminders for myself as much as anyone.

   I also took a journey through personal experiences of people bringing me to Jesus as best they knew how, and of some painful relationships of people trying to hinder me from coming.

   Both the good and the bad have been “worked for good” as God has strengthened my relationship through both encouragement and discouragement, and kept me feeling like his little one who is daily growing to be more like my Older Brother Jesus “from one degree of glory to another”.

   No matter what anyone has experienced of people helping or hindering you from coming to Jesus, be sure that you come to him no matter what, and that you recognize the “little ones” in your life, or in your church, who would be wonderfully blessed if you would help them get to know the Savior better than ever before.

 

© 2024 Monte Vigh ~ Box 517, Merritt, BC, V1K 1B8

Email: in2freedom@gmail.com

Unless otherwise noted, Scriptures are from the English Standard Version (The Holy Bible, English Standard Version. ESV® Text Edition: 2016. Copyright © 2001 by Crossway Bibles, a publishing ministry of Good News Publishers.)

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment