Pages

Wednesday, August 9, 2023

Morning Sharing: Returned to Joy From Evil Words

I’m continuing to pray through the parallel passages (rhyming) that address the “blessed are” in relation to “the persecuted”. This morning I came to these two expressions: 

Matthew 5:11-12

Luke 6:22-23

Prayer

and utter all kinds of evil against you

falsely

and revile you

 

Here’s the short of it: 


I’m choosing to just be myself in my sharing in the hope that this may help others who are struggling through such things and need to see someone being honest about the “deepers” while honestly admitting and pursuing the “highers”. I don’t know if I have any significant unresolved or unhealed pain about these things, but it is comforting and affirming to see that the way I was treated as a teen was more about me living for Jesus Christ as my Lord and Savior rather than being a bad kid. 

This obviously comforts me about the whole trail of good church-folk who led up to the most recent experiences, but the main focus is the good it will do for me, and for my church family, if we obey Jesus and practice rejoicing in our persecutions (I think we need some songs written for just this expression of worship!). 

I’m sure this is looking forward into what is coming as much as backwards into what has been done. Either way, God continues to return his children to joy in the heartaches of slander and reviling, and one day that joy will last forever… no painful interruptions!

 

© 2023 Monte Vigh ~ Box 517, Merritt, BC, V1K 1B8

Email: in2freedom@gmail.com

Unless otherwise noted, Scriptures are from the English Standard Version (The Holy Bible, English Standard Version. ESV® Text Edition: 2016. Copyright © 2001 by Crossway Bibles, a publishing ministry of Good News Publishers.)


I did write a song based on rejoicing in our persecutions a number of years ago, but I think we need more and I am eager to find out what may already be out there to help us express our longings and hopes as we worship our Savior as worthy of our joy in such sufferings as Christians endure all around the world.

In the Day of Trouble, Rejoice in the Lord 

https://youtu.be/j37TmEw_3jk


No comments:

Post a Comment