Pages

Monday, July 7, 2014

Songs for the Journey ~ "I Want to Be Like Jesus"

     There is a longing in the heart of every child of God to be like our big Brother, the Lord Jesus Christ. God created us to be like him (Genesis 1:26-27); sin ruined our likeness to Jesus when we fell short of the glory of God (Romans 3:23); and Jesus came into the world to seek and to save the lost so he could restore us to his image and likeness.

     The New Testament summarizes this in a most beautiful way when it declares, "And we all, with unveiled face, beholding the glory of the Lord, are being transformed into the same image from one degree of glory to another. For this comes from the Lord who is the Spirit" (I Corinthians 3:18)

     There are times when the differences between Jesus and me are so glaring, and my longing to be like him so strong, that I find myself returning to this song to express these things in prayer. I share it in the hope that someone else may share the desire to walk (and sing) in the fellowship of becoming like Jesus Christ our Lord.




PS: As always, if anyone who loves our Lord Jesus Christ can record an audio track of yourself singing along, I would love to compile other voices into a "congregational singing" kind of resource that will help home churches like ours with much needed worship resources. And, if anyone knows how to do all that, please let me know so we can benefit from lessons already learned.

© 2014 Monte Vigh ~ Box 517, Merritt, BC, V1K 1B8 ~ in2freedom@gmail.com

Unless otherwise noted, Scriptures are from the English Standard Version (The Holy Bible, English Standard Version Copyright © 2001 by Crossway Bibles, a division of Good News Publishers.)

No comments:

Post a Comment