Pages

Sunday, September 15, 2013

Considerations: Right on Schedule From Too Far Behind

          One of the lessons of Moses’ encounter with God in the burning bush is that a man can be forty years behind, and right on God’s schedule at the same time. A man can know the feeling of regret that he did not learn his lessons sooner, and yet praise God that he is learning his lessons now, and in a way that magnifies the grace of God that would continue working in such a man for no other reason than that divine love had long ago decided to do so.

          I praise this love of God that lets a man feel how far removed he is from the transforming, maturing work of God in making him like Jesus, and how even this realization that spurs him on to seek God more earnestly puts him smack-dab in the bulls eye of God’s will in continuing this life-changing work.

          While it is easy to fall into the trap of bemoaning the immaturity of the past, and the ignorance of wise and righteous things that may have helped myself and others, I also thank God for the wonders of becoming like a little child who celebrates every new thing learned without any reference to whether or not it should have been learned any earlier.

          If this morning’s time in the word of God is today’s burning bush experience with God, it really only matters  that I am hearing my Shepherd’s voice, understanding his will, and following him where he leads. If Jesus has factored my state of being into his plans and purposes for the whole universe, and has chosen both what he wants to say to me, and what he wants to do with me, I really must be right where he wants me to be after all.

          Tomorrow I will be somewhere a little further along.
 
 
 
© 2013 Monte Vigh ~ Box 517, Merritt, BC, V1K 1B8 ~ in2freedom@gmail.com
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment