Pages

Saturday, November 6, 2021

I Am Not… But I Am…

I am not a climate-change denier. I simply hate the Emperor’s-New-Clothes fairy tale that is making the world’s power-brokers a lot of money based on dishonest stories about real life. 

I am not a science denier. I simply hate the deceptive slight-of-hand "miracles" of the evolutionary religion that claims that scientifically impossible things happened to bring us and the whole universe into existence. 

I am not a sickness denier. I simply hate the Borg-like indoctrination demanding we plug our brains into the party-line and agree with "facts" that just ain’t facts (I checked). 

I am not a medical-solution denier. I simply hate the poisoning of bodies and minds by evil people intent on raping the world’s population to gratify their own selfishness. 

I am not a fact denier. I simply hate seeing fact-checking liars control what is broadcast as news when their lies are of the nothing-new-under-the-sun variety of deception. 

I am not one to jump on the noisiest, showiest band wagon going by just because so many are partying their way down the wide road to ruin. I am seeking after what is real, not what is popular. Sadly, the two are not friends in the world, so I must look elsewhere. 

However, I can honestly say that I am an adopted child of the Creator, a traveler of the Way, a brother of the Truth, and an experiencer of the Life. I am a sheep of Jesus’ flock, a member of his body, and a citizen of his kingdom. 

God my Father has delivered me out of this domain of darkness filled with so many expressions of corruption and transferred me into the kingdom of his beloved Son, our Lord Jesus Christ, in whom I know that I have redemption, the forgiveness of my sins. 

I take comfort in all the words of my Savior, but particularly that he made very clear ahead of time that all of us who follow him will indeed experience tribulation in this world since it is such a dark, and evil, and God-hating place, but we can “take heart,” for Jesus has “overcome the world.” 

During one of the conversations where Jesus himself was warning about such things, he contrasted the demise of the lawless and deceived world with the promise that, “the one who endures to the end will be saved.”[1] 

He then announced something that showed that the end of the world will not be because of global warming, or climate change, or manmade viruses. He also made clear that the world will never stop him from building his church no matter how evil, deceptive and murderous it becomes. And, his promise is the reason that I cling to Jesus Christ as my Lord and Savior instead of caving to the threats and intimidation of this evil world. 

Jesus made this promise: “And this gospel (good news) of the kingdom will be proclaimed throughout the whole world as a testimony to all nations, and then the end will come.”[2]   

The end is coming. But not through our planet dying (as the science says is happening). And not through some global elite destroying it (and the facts I’ve checked say they are trying very hard to do this). And not through some virus-vaccine conspiracy that simply wipes out the human population (although this too is a scary sign of our times). 

No, the end will come when God determines that his good news of great joy has been “proclaimed throughout the whole world as a testimony to all nations.” Jesus himself will return to the earth that had earlier trembled under his feet with the glory of the Word who became flesh. He will judge all people based on their belief or their unbelief towards him. The nations of the world will mourn and grieve when they realize that he has come to condemn them for their sins, and lies, and deceptions. 

In fact, even the arrogant and blind power-brokers of the world will actually, 

“hide themselves in the caves and among the rocks of the mountains, calling to the mountains and rocks, ‘Fall on us and hide us from the face of him who is seated on the throne, and from the wrath of the Lamb, for the great day of their wrath has come, and who can stand?’”[3] 

When Jesus began his ministry, he announced everywhere he went, “The time is fulfilled, and the kingdom of God is at hand; repent and believe in the gospel.”[4] 

The time “fulfilled” meant what the prophets had said would happen about his first coming. The kingdom of God “at hand” meant the kingdom of God was there for people to experience if they could admit that they were not yet in it. “Repent” meant that people needed to change their minds about their sinful independence from God. “Believe in the gospel” meant to receive the “good news of great joy” that Jesus Christ was the Savior God had provided, and trust in him with all their hearts. 

None of us knows for sure when the time will be “fulfilled” for Jesus’ second and final coming. However, “the kingdom of God is at hand,” today, available to everyone, but no one is in it by any description of earthly heritage. 

“Repent” is still the change-of-mind necessary for us to leave the domain of darkness and come into the kingdom of God. And, “believe in the gospel” is still the reality of faith required to bring us into Jesus Christ and his kingdom. 

I do not need to agree with any of the world’s lies and deceptions. As scary as this world is getting, it is on death row, and I don’t want to be partners with it. 

On the other hand, Jesus “came that they may have life and have it abundantly.”[5] I want that life to the fullness of what “abundantly” could be like for me and my church this side of heaven. 

As we aim to pursue what it means to walk with the Creator through faith in Jesus Christ, we must accept that what and who we “are not” is as important as what and who we “are”. Both are made abundantly clear in God’s word, so let’s let the words of Christ dwell in us richly so we can both teach and admonish one another with all wisdom, but also have a great time singing about the good news of great joy while the Emperor struts his new clothes of bare naked evil on his easy journey down the road. 

Therefore do not become partners with them (sinful deceivers); for at one time you were darkness, but now you are light in the Lord. Walk as children of light (for the fruit of light is found in all that is good and right and true), and try to discern what is pleasing to the Lord.[6] 

I am not darkness! However, with Jesus’ church, we are light in the Lord Jesus Christ!

 

© 2021 Monte Vigh ~ Box 517, Merritt, BC, V1K 1B8

Email: in2freedom@gmail.com

Unless otherwise noted, Scriptures are from the English Standard Version (The Holy Bible, English Standard Version. ESV® Text Edition: 2016. Copyright © 2001 by Crossway Bibles, a publishing ministry of Good News Publishers.)

 



[1] Matthew 24:13

[2] Matthew 24:14

[3] Revelation 6:15-17

[4] Mark 1:14-15

[5] John 10:10

[6] Ephesians 5:7-10

No comments:

Post a Comment