Pages

Wednesday, September 13, 2023

Morning Sharing: Our Weakness Met by God’s Strength

What God is helping me with right now is to accept that I can do whatever he gives me to do no matter how weak I feel about it because HE is with me and HIS presence in the situation makes all the difference. I have been meditating on this again this morning and applying it to situations I have faced this week, and also the myriad of attacks on the Christian faith by Muslims, Roman Catholics, atheists, and skeptics of all kinds. It is impossible to keep up! 

But the Lord said to me,

“Do not say, ‘I am only a youth’;
for to all to whom I send you, you shall go,
and whatever I command you, you shall speak.
Do not be afraid of them,
for I am with you to deliver you,
declares the Lord.”

(Jeremiah 1)

My complaint to God would not be that “I am only a youth” in my physical age, but more like, “I am so unskilled” in my abilities to dialogue with argumentative people. 

So, the first observation is that, just because there are myriads of such people making their presence known on the stage of cyberspace, it doesn’t mean they are my responsibility just because I watched their reel. In fact, it may be that such reels are a distraction from what God really wants me doing, which appears to be talking with people in real life. 

The real issue in my faith is believing that, even when confronted with a situation that I feel totally inadequate to respond to, God WANTS me to have experiences where I feel completely weak and helpless so that I can experience the super personal aspect of him helping me in the moment, not by giving me time to prepare. 

And what I am just beginning to meditate on is what God says next: Then the Lord put out his hand and touched my mouth. And the Lord said to me, 'Behold, I have put my words in your mouth.’” 

So, Yahweh touched Jeremiah’s mouth, Yahweh said to Jeremiah the perspective of Yahweh, and Yahweh gave Jeremiah the words to say. I must attach to what my Father in heaven is doing in me, not the limits of what I perceive in myself. 

It is interesting to think of all the people I speak with, and how freely I am able to talk with them, as long as it seems to be an opportunity God is giving me. I am even starting to see how, in a given conversation with someone that feels like a divine appointment, there comes a moment when it appears I have said all I need to say. I am trusting that God is the one making such distinctions! 

And so, I will see what kind of assignments I am given today that would overwhelm me in myself but are matched by God’s presence and God’s words helping someone else through me. I want to be able to say with Paul, “when I am weak, then I am strong,” and I want God to be glorified in me and through me as much as he desires.

 

© 2023 Monte Vigh ~ Box 517, Merritt, BC, V1K 1B8

Email: in2freedom@gmail.com

Unless otherwise noted, Scriptures are from the English Standard Version (The Holy Bible, English Standard Version. ESV® Text Edition: 2016. Copyright © 2001 by Crossway Bibles, a publishing ministry of Good News Publishers.)



 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment