Pages

Monday, July 10, 2023

Morning Sharing: To No Longer be Rejectable


OF ALL the pains and sorrows we can face, rejection has to be the most piercing to me. When I discovered there is something called “attachment-pain”, and that it described the tears and heartaches within me, it both intensified and comforted the grief within. 

HOW DID I get there this morning? By considering God’s view of my strengths and weaknesses and realizing that there may be some things that are not “fixed” in me until that day when Jesus returns, I see him face-to-face, and I finally feel what it is like to be like him. Whatever incredible changes will take place in that moment is beyond comprehension, but I know it will be the most wonderful comfort and joy I could ever experience. 

AND THEN it hit me: when this event the Bible calls “glorification” happens to me, it will be simultaneously happening to every person who has ever had faith in the God revealed in the Bible. And that means that we will all be so enthralled with the “twinkling of an eye” experience of becoming like Jesus that none of us will stand out. 

AND WHAT impacted me was the sudden awareness that the coming of Christ will so finalize my transformation into the likeness of Jesus Christ our Creator that no one will ever find fault with me that justifies rejecting, disowning, or even criticizing me or anything about me. 

GOD HAS comforted me. Waiting for this builds character. A character becoming more like Jesus in the Beatitudinal Valley builds hope. This hope does not disappoint because it constantly reminds me of how God’s love has been poured into my heart through the Holy Spirit who has been given to God’s children as a deposit on the inheritance of eternal life that is waiting for us in heaven. 

AND THE PROMISE of finally being like Jesus turns this diamond of hope to another facet that includes never facing the attachment-pain of rejection ever again. And, for me, this “blessed are those who mourn for they shall be comforted” adds another prop to the stage and waits in expectation for the final act when the perfection of comfort comes as Jesus Christ returns.

 

© 2023 Monte Vigh ~ Box 517, Merritt, BC, V1K 1B8

Email: in2freedom@gmail.com

Unless otherwise noted, Scriptures are from the English Standard Version (The Holy Bible, English Standard Version. ESV® Text Edition: 2016. Copyright © 2001 by Crossway Bibles, a publishing ministry of Good News Publishers.)

 

No comments:

Post a Comment