Pages

Friday, June 23, 2023

Morning Sharing: Finding Myself in Christ

 

Even though I really need my downstairs exercise time (missed it all week), I feel the need for my outdoor prayer-chapel even more! So just a quick sharing and then off to pray. 

This morning, I have poured my heart out to God about so much disappointment and failure in my life, listened to his word about, “In a time of favor I have answered you; in a day of salvation I have helped you”,[1] felt so much uncertainty of how it applies to me or anyone else, and settled into the following scripture as the way to express everything about the huge disappointment in another world-flesh-and-devil graduation in Merritt, the heartache I feel for loved ones who have felt so many losses because of my walk with God, and just the way I feel about myself as “a man of sorrows and acquainted with grief” like my Savior[2]: 

“Whoever finds his life will lose it,

and whoever loses his life for my sake will find it.”[3]

The essence of this is that I am thankful for the failures at “finding” my life that have resulted in such a Beatitudinal Journey[4] experience that has made me feel blessed in both the losing and in the finding. 

I’m heading out to my prayer-chapel with the intention of being the little child with Jesus that he said he wants, and use my prayer-walk to pour out my heart to him with utter abandon, and see how he comforts the one who mourns this morning! Or is it mourning? 

Anyway, here is the short-sharing version I posted on Facebook:

 


 

 

 

© 2023 Monte Vigh ~ Box 517, Merritt, BC, V1K 1B8

Email: in2freedom@gmail.com

Unless otherwise noted, Scriptures are from the English Standard Version (The Holy Bible, English Standard Version. ESV® Text Edition: 2016. Copyright © 2001 by Crossway Bibles, a publishing ministry of Good News Publishers.)

 



[1] Isaiah 49:8; II Corinthians 6:2

[2] Not to the same measure, but of the same kind!

[3] Matthew 10:39

[4] This is the way I picture the Beatitudes Jesus uses to introduce his Sermon on the Mount in Matthew 5:1-12.

No comments:

Post a Comment