Pages

Friday, November 15, 2019

Songs for the Journey: A Choir Singing For the Lamb




During my morning prayer time one day, I found myself starting to sing words of praise to Jesus and realized that they were from a section of Scripture to which I had written music. [1] I looked up the video on Youtube and enjoyed singing along with the accompaniment.

Here are the words of the song using the 1984 NIV:



"Worthy is the Lamb, who was slain,
to receive power and wealth
and wisdom and strength
and honor and glory and praise!
“To him who sits on the throne
and to the Lamb
be praise and honor and glory
and power, for ever and ever!”
“Worthy is the Lamb!
“Worthy is the Lamb!
"Worthy is the Lamb, who was slain.”



My problem is that, every time I have sung this song, I have known it needed a lot more (and better) voices than my own. I have a group-voice, which means I can help a group of singers sound okay, but not so much on my own.  

Since we are a tiny home church group, we do not have the means of sounding like a large group. So, I present a solution that some of you may be able to help me achieve. 

I know that there is technology that would enable us to compile multiple vocal recordings into one collection to make it sound as though they were all singing together. This means that people could record their vocals to a song in a variety of groups to combine into the sound of a much larger group, and individuals could record their solo contributions to bring together and enhance the sound all the more. 

Below is the song video I created in 2012. If anyone feels like their voice is good enough to enhance a group music project, and that you have a testimony of knowing and loving the Lord Jesus Christ as the words of Revelation 5 express, please record your singing of the song into an audio track and send it to me. And, if anyone knows how to do the technical side of compiling the tracks into a project, I would love help with that as well.

For now, here is the sing-along video I have had on Youtube for the last seven years. If you have a voice that would make it sound better, sing along and see how it sounds. If you are like me and just enjoy making a joyful noise unto the Lord, sing along as well and enjoy the wonders of singing the worth of the Lamb.







© 2019 Monte Vigh ~ Box 517, Merritt, BC, V1K 1B8

Email: in2freedom@gmail.com





[1] Revelation 5:12-13 in the context of Revelation 5:1-14

No comments:

Post a Comment