Pages

Friday, March 15, 2019

Home Church Video ~ "Love is..." Begins With God ~ Part 1


One morning in my time with God I was drawn to Paul’s description of how he was able to endure everything he went through.[1] It was clear that he had something going on in his life that enabled him to weather some of the fiercest storms we can imagine.

However, it wasn’t just that he was exemplary in facing one obstacle after another or keeping a good attitude in the face of exceptional injustices.

Rather, it was that he had something going on that enabled him to do things for the good of others despite how consistently he was mistreated for doing so.

This is explained in one simple description: “Love… endures all things.”[2]

As I considered my own propensity to complain about things I have had to endure, and even my lingering heartache over some of the more painful experiences of mistreatment, I realized I needed a fresh encounter with God’s love. I also knew immediately that I Corinthians 13 was where I would find what I was looking for.

The starting place of this love-adventure is God who is the source of the love we need. It is through his word that he calls us to himself in order that our own love-needs are met in Jesus Christ, and from the fullness of their love for us, we are free to show the same love to others.

Join our home church as we begin this journey in God’s word to immerse ourselves in the love our Father has already freely given us in his Son. Be assured that there is more than enough love from the Triune God to fully satisfy our own souls and have plenty to share with everyone we could ever meet in life.

And yes, that includes everything we may have to endure along the way.







Unless otherwise noted, Scriptures are from the English Standard Version (The Holy Bible, English Standard Version. ESV® Text Edition: 2016. Copyright © 2001 by Crossway Bibles, a publishing ministry of Good News Publishers.)







[1] II Timothy 2:10
[2] I Corinthians 13:7

No comments:

Post a Comment