Pages

Friday, August 10, 2018

My 60th Birthday Wishes


On Tuesday, August 14, 2018, I turn 60 years old. Yeeha!

In one way, no big deal. It’s just another day.

In another way… well… I’m getting old!

So, lots of thoughts about what my life has meant, what it is, and what to do with what’s left.

To celebrate this inevitable event, I have three birthday wishes. You are invited to share in any or all of them. Here they are in reverse order of importance. In the following days, I will explain why each one is important.

My third wish is to go public ice skating on or near my birthday. Yes, the ice is in for hockey schools and training camp, so I fully expect to do this. I just need to wait for the schedule to be posted in order to pick a time to go.

My second wish is to have an afternoon water fight at the daycare. Heat will be no problem since water fights have a way of cooling one down rather quickly. Smoke from all the wildfires may be an issue. At the moment, I’m aiming to do this on the afternoon of my birthday.

My first most important wish is that you would let me explain why knowing and loving the Lord Jesus Christ is the absolute most significant part of my whole sixty years, and will carry me through whatever time remains. Come for coffee (tea, water, kombucha also available); come alone or in a group, or start an email conversation. I’m open to almost anything, and will schedule in any opportunities that are available.

I had a really good walk around the truck route this morning. The smoke was thinner than yesterday afternoon, so I was thankful to fit this in. I’m feeling ready for wishes two and three.

However, before that, I had a really good time alone with my heavenly Father talking about life from his perspective. It was a good and growing time. I know I am prepared for my remaining time in life. I am also feeling ready for any opportunities to share my relationship with Jesus Christ with anyone who accepts the invitation.


So, stay tuned for developments in both my explanations and opportunities. I look forward to whatever is ahead.


© 2018 Monte Vigh ~ Box 517, Merritt, BC, V1K 1B8 ~ in2freedom@gmail.com 

No comments:

Post a Comment